Restoration issue on different DNS
I've got an issue when I want to restore a Cloudron backup on another server. I want to clone my Cloudron server A on another server B : it's what the doc calls "migration" .
Step to reproduce:
- Backup of Cloudron A (running on Ubuntu 16.04)
- Installation of same version Cloudron on ther fresh server B (Ubuntu 18.04)
- Copying Cloudron A backup on server B
- Setting up the DNS of Cloudron B
- Using "Looking to restore" and providing all information
What happened next:
- Near the end, a message saying "Not found" is displayed
- Going to my., login prompt is displayed, but it redirects to my./login_callback.html?token=?>&state=?>
- Subdomains B are unreachable, returning 404 errors
- After rebooting, my./#/apps is reachable
- Cloudron B has the same Cloudron ID as Cloudron A
- Subdomains are reachable, but all application are in "Restoring (pending)" status
- When doing cloudron inspect:
- apiEndpoint is
- every .domain is set to and .fqdn are .
- Users on server B are correct as well as groups
- When going to "Domains & Certs", an "Internal Error" message appears and "Domains" section is empty
- When adding domain with a wildcard DNS API provider, it still displays "Internal Error" and an empty domain list
- When repairing applications and setting their domain to , they are still in "error" status
- When changing all database entries where was mentionned to , they are still in "error" status
- Deleting all application then restoring one by one from backup seemed to work, but not for a long time. After a few day, more than half of the applications were in "error" status.
One should be able to clone a Cloudron server easily from a backup, even if the DNS is different. And what are the issue of having two different Cloudron servers with the same ID ?
I wrote a subject on the forum concerning this issue.